Berlin, Germany (m/f/o)
The Graduate School of Business and Economics at Steinbeis University Berlin is inviting applications for the role of Professor of Entrepreneurship and Innovation. The position is to be filled as soon as possible.
For this professorship, we are seeking a distinguished published academic who has also gained extensive entrepreneurial experience in responsible positions and is passionate about passing this on to our students in teaching and research.
- You have a university degree and above average doctorate in a topic relevant for the position.
- Ideally, you have expertise in the areas of entrepreneurship, management, business creation, innovation management, innovation research, innovation culture, innovation transfer, etc.
- If possible, you also have a connection to the areas of digitalisation, creative business and the start-up ecosystem.
- You have gained teaching experience both in the private sector and in a university environment.
- You have published relevant articles and papers (excluding your dissertation).
- You have convincing management competence and excellent teaching skills. You are a team player, entrepreneurial, proactive and have a pronounced interest in academic research.
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- You ideally have an extensive network of senior corporate decision makers outside the academic world.
- Experience in the acquisition and implementation of research projects on a national and international level would be desirable.
- You fulfil the conditions of appointment in accordance with sect.100 BerlHG [Berlin’s Higher Education Act].
- You will independently carry out tasks in research and teaching in your subjects, according to the specific terms of your employment contract. In addition, you will independently deliver lectures at the Graduate School of Business and Economics of Steinbeis University Berlin and specifically at the Berlin School of Creative Leadership.
- You will carry out autonomous research with the aim of proving yourself in accordance with Steinbeis University Berlin’s criteria for this role. The performance criteria will be defined jointly with you during the application process.
- You will be responsible for the development and structure of the international Master programs with a focus on creative entrepreneurship.
- You will demonstrate expertise and thought leadership through publications, public appearances and conference papers.
- You will continually work on the innovative profile of our faculty and cooperate closely with our community (students, alumni and various stakeholders).
- You will identify relevant research topics and study approaches for our sector and target groups to build up expertise and competences. You will also be a proficient fundraiser for these initiatives.
- You will work on the development of new initiatives and programs, including the faculty strategy, and systematically improve our product portfolio (new activities, academic studies and management, non-degree education, applied research, events etc.).
The conditions of the Berlin Higher Education Act apply. The position will initially be offered on a three-year contract. In case of a positive review, an open-ended extension is planned. Based on the German “W-Besoldung” salary scale for scholars, remuneration will be agreed on individually.The position will initially be offered on a three-year contract. In case of a positive review, an open-ended extension is planned. Based on the German “W-Besoldung” salary scale for scholars, remuneration will be agreed on individually.
The Graduate School of Business and Economics offers an excellent infrastructure and an extensive, internationally oriented business and research network in a unique environment.
Steinbeis is an equal opportunity employer. As such, we explicitly encourage applications from women. Applications from disabled persons with essentially the same qualifications will be given preference.
Using the subject “Professor of Creative Business and Leadership Innovation”, please send your application including cover letter, CV, list of publications, brief summary of present and future research interests and proof of teaching experience by email to the chairman of the appointment committee, Prof. Dr. Michael Lister.
Application deadline: 15 September 2019
Please direct any queries to: Carsten Rasner
Phone: +49 711 51893-10