For our team in Berlin we are looking for a Business Development Manager (m/f/o).
Reporting directly to the Director of Strategy and Learning Innovation, your primary responsibility will be to identify new business opportunities and drive revenue growth through custom client solutions, degree and non-degree programs, as they relate to Berlin School’s full range of product and service offerings. Primary targets will be a range (big and small) of enterprises from the creative industries, innovation, marketing and technology sector.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is tenacious, strategic, self-motivated with a thorough knowledge and understanding of creative businesses. You are hungry for success and want to be accountable and are excited by your success and helping the company to grow. You will have previous experience of providing intelligent solutions for clients within the marketing/advertising/media/TV industries with demonstrable ability of influencing senior figures, up to C level.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Acquire, design and conduct compelling sales strategy, aligned to the school´s DNA.
- Build a robust pipeline by proactively sourcing leads, prospecting, pitching and closing opportunities with senior level executives in order to meet established monthly and annual goals.
- Regular calls and meetings with clients to present the Berlin Schools’ range of degree and non-degree programs and custom services.
- Work closely with the Leadership Team, program experience manager, and across departments.
- Grow the international client base through excellent networking skills
Skills and Experience and Attributes
- 3-4 years of proven experience in direct sales/business development
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to close accounts
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the creative industry landscape
- Ability and comfort level with presenting in front of people (Director level to CMO’s and CEO’s) with energy, confidence and eloquence
- Excellent communication skills on the phone and in person, and strong writing skills.
- A collaborative player, that shares information and supports the team
- A tenacity for prospecting and experience in handling and growing client relationships, act highly service oriented and can respond to the needs of our customers
- Proficient with CRM systems, including Salesforce and MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Fluency in English and a good level of German (at least B1 level), additional languages are welcome
- Welcome the opportunity to travel for work and work in an international environment
How to Apply
The position is being offered as of January 21st and is available immediately. Location is in Berlin.
To apply for this position, please email your CV and a covering letter (in English) to: email@example.com. Please indicate your earliest possible start date and expected salary.
Application deadline: February 20th, 2020